Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

I am writing this late Thursday night as we are driving through Indiana and Ohio to see my family in Cleveland for a long weekend. We do this drive 5-6 times a year so the time usually flies by without incident (and I now have probably jinxed myself). Earlier, when I was driving, EJ decided that it was a great time to sing Christmas carols. My favorite was the 15 minute remix version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

Today started out great as I met up with some college buddies and their kids for lunch. It's crazy to think about how the lunch would have been vastly different 7 years ago. First of all we wouldn't have met in the suburbs/drove. Second, we probably wouldn't have been able to drive...ahh kids. No, we actually had a great time and made the usual promises as we left that we need to get together more often. I would love for it to happen but it keeps getting harder (I blame them for living in the suburbs).

The rest of the afternoon involved me finishing getting ready for our trip (in an unusual move I actually packed last night) while being pulled in every other direction by EJ & M. It is amazing what the kids can do when they know I am getting its ready to go on a trip. Put the dog's stuff in the car...come back and EJ has M in a headlock...take snacks/drinks out to the car...come back and both are screaming while playing tug of war over something. It goes on and on. I think my all time favorite was when they somehow got a bag of spinach out of the fridge and scattered it all over the house. M decided that wasn't enough so he rolled in it and had grass (spinach?) stains on his clothes after.

So this post was supposed to be about Easter...I saw this on another blog and should have used it today:

Step 1 - hide 4 Easter eggs in your kids' room
Step 2 - tell them you hid 6 eggs
Step 3 - take a nap

Have a Happy Easter and if you are traveling, safe travels.

1 comment: