Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Music that doesn't suck


So this will be something regular on the blog.  I love listening to music and try and avoid listening to the annoying garbage catchy kids songs and most pop music.  I have made it my goal to have my kids listen to/like "normal music" at least partially for my sanity.  Right now my son loves The Black Keys and my daughter Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros...I couldn't be prouder.  

I tend to become obsessed with bands for a stretch and then move on.  This is not one of those bands.  Thanks to my sister and now brother in law for introducing me to The Avett Brothers a few years ago.  I haven't stopped listening to them and I don't know if I ever will.  I am sure this won't be the last performance from them that I will post.  This is actually a cover of a Bob Dylan song that isn't the happiest song in the world but the first :45 with his daughter is great. Oh, and the song is pretty good too.  Enjoy...








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, bro :) PS - Am I extra-awesome for being the first commenter on your bloggy-blog? Yes. The answer to that is obviously yes.

    ReplyDelete